Death stalks the sands of Thesias, and the beings that live there wouldn’t have it any other way. The ways of Necromancy have brought the Thesian people a thousand year period of prosperity. Because mindless undead can ceaselessly toil it allows the living to focus on more intellectual pursuits, as a result there are more Spellcasters in Thesias than the rest of the Land combined. Thesians worship Chronepsis, the Dragon of fate and death as their primary deity, despite his disinterest. The living population as of last census was 5 million. The undead are estimated to number 100 million.
Life and Death in Thesias
- the Hive Islands
- the Great Desert
- Salt Swamp Drifts
- Behemoth Home Forests
- Dragon Roost Mountains
- The Twilight Rainforest
- The World Beneath
- Mages- The Black College
- Bards and Entertainers- Merry Makers
- Crafters- Hands of Merit
- Merchants- The Flesh Trade
- Laborers- the Undead
- Military- the Undead, the Sublime Initiators
- Mercenary- Doombringers
- Adventurers- Red Sand Wanderers
- Murderers- The Outcasts
- Bounty Hunters- Blood Hounds
- Beggars- the Scourge
- Thieves- Avarice Hearts
- Oldest Profession- Agents of Pleasure
- Inventors- Black Lightening Society
- Religion- The Dragon Gods, The Saurian Gods, Elemental worship, The Purifiers
- Painted Elves, Drow Elves
- Desert Dwarves, Arctic Dwarves
- Whisper Gnome, Arcane Gnome
- Planetouched- mostly Earth, Air, Dust, Negitar and Diaboli
- Saurian Shifter
- Varag goblin, Bhuka goblin
- Thri-Kreen, Scorpionfolk, Vermin lords
Thesian plants are never intelligent or ambulatory.
Dinosauria, Mososaurs, Icthyosaurs, Plesiosaurs, Pterosaurs and all forms of Arthropod make Thesias their home. Although some other animals have been introduced they don’t normally do well against the Dragon descended mega-fauna.
If it looks saurian or arthropoid it probably exists in Thesias.
Abberant life is very uncommon. Only the Avolakia, Sarlithids and Mindshredders are present in any numbers.
Thesias is where the Dragon Gods first touched the lands of the material, and their mortal ancestors are well represented.
Constructs are popular among Gnomes, but not really catching on with anyone else due to the relative ease of Necromancy.
Currently outnumber the living by approximately 20 to 1.
Outsiders, Fey and Elementals
Just as common in Thesias as any other location on the Prime Material.